Example Software Release Planning Meeting Checklist
A mature organization will have a checklist or framwork for release that facilitates planning. Some of the things to be considered are the following.
- Which items in the system are (or will be) ready for release?
- What is required to actually release each item to production?
- What testing will be required post-release to validate the integrity of production systems?
- What risks are involved?
- How are these risks being mitigated?
- What contingency plans are required?
- Who needs to be involved in the release and present during the push to production (or other delivery mechanism)?
- How long will the release take?
- What other logistics will be involved?
-- David J. Anderson
Quoted on Sat Jul 28th, 2012